How to Help Animals essay
|← Love and Marriage||Genetics →|
How to Help Animals. Custom How to Help Animals Essay Writing Service || How to Help Animals Essay samples, help
An animal is every unit of the group called animalia including the multi-cellular organisms that obtain a well-determined form and as a rule the limited growth; they can make voluntary motions, energetically look for food and eat it internally, and that gain the nervous and sensory systems that permit them to react fast to stimuli (“Dictionaries.com”). Animals are the largest group of organisms of the group animalia. In biology, animals include the creatures of diverse origin, including humans, insects, sponges, etc. But in the everyday usage, it sometimes refers to non-human animals, such as vertebrates. Animals are important in life. For example, animals and insects eating carrion keep the environment clean; bees and butterflies pollinate flowers; cows and goats act as the food for carnivores; dogs provide security, and snakes keep the fast breeding rodents under control. The interdependence goes on in a complex way. Animals, therefore, need to be helped because the destruction of one species can adversely affect the entire ecosystem.
How to Help Animals
Animals can get help in many ways. This ranges from helping in the provision of shelter, proving the educaiton for the public devoted to animal welfare concerns, defending a better animal legislation. The following ways are some of assisting animals in a society:
- Report on the animal cruelty: Report any mishandling of animals in your community to a humane law enforcement agency, an instructor, or vet.
- Volunteer at the animal rescue group Volunteer at the rescue company by organizing some walking campaigns and some events of fundraising to help abused or scared animals getting shelters and care (“The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals,” 2011).
- Be an animal active member: This will help to fight for the passage of some powerful anti-cruelty legislation at both the global and local ranges. Moreover, you will be able to contact your law enforcement officers and let them know that investigating the animal cruelty cases is a priority.
- Start an animal food bank: Start an animal food bank and host animal food drives to educate people on the importance of feeding animals. Also, you should help to distribute the collected animal food.
- Assist your neighbors to take care of their animals: Offer to help a neighbor in the need to feed his animals, clean garbage boxes, and some groom animals, take food, take him to a vet, etc. (“The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals,” 2011).
- Start a neighborhood watch program: With the help of friends and neighbors, get to know the animals in your neighborhood. This will help you to keep an eye of any unwanted behaviors which include: the abuse and neglect of companion animals, the mistreatment of local wildlife, to notice the dogs left unattended to, etc.
- Organize the clean up for wildlife: implement a cleanup program to clean up and recycle baggage that may injure or kill local wildlife, such as birds, mammals, and reptiles.
- Spay and neuter: Offer to help spay and neuter animals to ease the overpopulation problem and prolong their life.
Animals are important for the existence of an ecosystem. Helping them, therefore, not only need the individual’s efforts, but also that of the entire community and law enforcement agencies.