Results-driven Operations Director in multiple manufacturing facilities spanning 20 years of successful management in the areas of operations and manufacturing. Strong business background with extensive knowledge and general manufacturing qualifications in strategic planning, projects management, quality system implementation and process improvement, procurement, budget/financial reporting, contracts management, ITAR, Six Sigma and International operations. Computer literate in all Windows applications with ability to quickly and easily learn and apply new software and hardware. Conversant with MS Office Project, Primavera, Oracle and SAP.
VP Operations and Sales/General Manager TTM Technologies, Union City, Ca, Shanghai CN
Directed the operations of 500+ employees in Shanghai CN and 200+ employees in our domestic facilities. Responsible for the development of both short and long term business plans. Ensured timely implementation of plans with the objective of meeting set goals and targets. Reviewed monthly Profit and Loss statements to understand variances to the targeted plan and reported findings back to Executive Management. Responsible for both domestic and international sales plans. Worked directly with customers and develop strong relationships which improved our business growth.
- Promoted to become Vice President after previous promotions due to recognition for dedication in my work, effective management, superior customer relations, sales ability, proven profits achievement and impressive results in any task I was assigned.
- Progressively grow sales of the Shanghai China facility from $5MM to $100MM per year while increasing the net income from mid single digit performance to high teens.
- The pursuit of excellence, pride in my professional and personal life is the key attributes that have earned me success.
- Actively maintained management turnover in China below 5% annually
- Redesigned the logistic operations resulting in seamless transfer of products between divisions thus saving cost and time
- Initiated measures to sustain profitability even during global financial crisis
- Keen to detail with a good eye for overall organizational balance.
- Experienced manager involved in the development of policies, setting of goals and objectives, and recruitment and training of staff with strong emphasis on team work.
- Excelled in maintaining excellent employee relations at all facilities.
VP Operations/Director/General Manager/Dir of Engineering/Director of Procurement, Tyco, Hayward Ca.
Test Manager, Dysan Corp.
BSc Mechanical Engineering, A.S West Valley College, Saratoga Ca.
I am writing with reference to your advertisement in the (Include where you got the advertisement). I consider that my interests and credentials match with your requirement and want to apply for the same.
As confirmed by the resume enclosed herewith my experience includes procuring manufacturing processes, directing employees operations, performing daily Contract Manufacturing functions, developing both short and long term business plans. One of my greatest assets is performing duties as needed to make sure all employee needs are met at appropriate time in appropriate manner.
Presently I am deputed as the Vice President-Operations and Sales/General Manager at Union City, Ca. Shanghai CN for the last twenty years. During these years I have equipped myself with all management functions, which includes employee management, maintaining management turnover in China, developing tooling to support seamless transfer of products between divisions and handling domestic and international sales plans.
Although I am enjoying my present job, I am looking out for new opportunities in the same field. I will be contacting you soon (Indicate specific date), to arrange a personal meeting and discuss the prospect.
I will appreciate the opportunity to meet with you to discuss how my extensive experience and skills would benefit your organization/Company. Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
1. Resume – my resume
2. Experience certificate, Union City, Ca. Shanghai CN (You may include your experience certificate)
Follow Up Letter
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking time from your busy schedule to see me. My career goals discussion gave me a deep insight about my skill sets and strengths. After the job description review, I became even more excited about the position and have already submitted my resume and cover letter to your Human Resources department to be considered as a candidate for the position.
As we discussed earlier, I feel that my experience background and education has provided me with a business operation understanding, which will prove to be a vital asset within your company. After meeting with you and discussing the main requirements of the position, I am positive that my knowledge and experience in manufacturing and operations will enable me to make an immediate contribution to your department expansion. In addition, I have always been considered a loyal, hardworking, responsible and dependable employee with excellent analytical and communication skills. I have a strong enthusiasm and motivation to learn more about your company and would enjoy being a part of your competent team of staff.
I remain very interested in this opportunity and look forward to meeting with you again in the near future to further discuss your needs. If you require additional information regarding my experience and education in the meantime, I may be reached at/////.