An accomplished professional with solid educational credentials and more than 23 years of experience in the field of employment assistance and general management. Expert in operating employment service centers and supervising training programs and government grants. Skilled in achieving annual revenue growth and expanding service locations. Effective at developing managerial theories teaching programs to all levels of employees. Experienced in managing the recruitment process and implementing employment programs resulting in expansion of employment opportunities for mentally- and physically-challenged prospects. Adept in cooperating with local, state, and federal government entities regarding on-going contracts and grant projects. Proficient in supervising budgeting and public relations activities.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Human Resource Management
- Program Management
- Employment Services
- ?ARF Accreditation
- Public Relations
- Financial Management
- Team Management
KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- Achieved revenue growth of $11 million in 8 year period of time.
- Expanded service locations from 7 to 27 throughout Southern California.
- Increased the department budget from $200,000 to $2 million in revenue.
- Increased the number of people served from 6,867 to over 100,000 in 8 year period of time.
- Increased the number of people employed from 1,103 to over 7,500 in 8 year period of time.
- Increased the number of retail enclaves from 12 to 35.
- Has been granted with the National Emergency Grant, the funds of which exceeded $1 million.
- Decreased employee turnover rate from 300% to 43% and drove the company’s rating from number 7 to number 1 in customer service.
- Developed and implemented TANF employment program resulting in 84% of maintained employment rate.
- Successfully received multiple CARF accreditations and One-Stops.
Goodwill Industries of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
Workforce and Career Development Vice President Mon 2003 - Present
- Oversee the entire department, consisting of 220 employees, 27 locations and with an $18 million budget.
- Supervise training programs and government grants.
- Supervise employment services provided to mentally- and physically-challenged individuals.
- Implement promoting activities for Goodwill Industries of Southern California.
- Cooperate with local, state, and federal government entities regarding on-going contracts and grant projects.
- Develop and maintain partnership with 160 non-profit organizations to contribute to the company’s progress and development.
- Operate 5 Goodwill Employment Service Centers.
- Develop and promote mission marketing.
- Meet and exceed the goals set by the company in a three year strategic plan.
Best Buddies Jobs, Los Angeles, CA
Program Supervisor Apr 2003 – Aug 2003
- Promoted competitive employment and career development for mentally- and physically-challenged individuals.
- Supervised staff in the areas of CARF accreditation and employment support.
- Developed standard operating procedures guidance for the Los Angeles office.
- Assisted with the annual fundraising activities.
Innovative Personnel Consultants, Inc., Shreveport, LA
Chief Executive Officer Mon 2001 – Mon 2003
- Oversaw development, implementation and presentation of soft skills and managerial theories teaching programs.
- Incorporated interactive classroom training to reinforce classroom activities.
- Managed annual budgeting procedures and promoted financial growth through extending client database.
- Developed individualized teaching programs and management mentoring programs.
- Decreased the assigned company’s employee turnover rate and improved its customer service quality.
- Generated revenues for the company ($500,000 annually) for consulting and training activities.
North Louisiana Goodwill Industries Rehabilitation Center, Inc., Shreveport, LA
Training and Employment Director Mon 1994 – Mon 2000
- Managed the company’s training programs.
- Supervised departmental staff.
- Implemented specific programs to increase job opportunities for mentally- and physically-challenged individuals.
- Increased department revenues by cooperating with local politicians and business entities.
- Supervised business and marketing plans development to create new service-oriented programs.
- Established a temporary employment service.
- Maintained a small facility-based contract program providing employment assistance.
Commercial College of Shreveport, Shreveport, LA
School Director Mon 1988 – Mon 1994
- Recruited and supervised the faculty and the student body.
- Developed job descriptions, policies, procedures, and annual evaluations.
- Oversaw curriculum planning, budgeting, public relations activities, and student retention.
- Developed and implemented three new curriculum.
- Improved the rate of student placement (to 92%) and retention (to 87%) in one year.
- Oversaw the development, design, and construction of new 4 buildings worth $1.2 million.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Louisiana Tech University, Bossier City, LA
Master of Arts in General Counseling DATE OF GRADUATION
Rider University, Lawrenceville, NJ
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration DATE OF GRADUATION
Goodwill Industries International
CEO Training Completion 2007 – 2009
NISH (Ability One)
National policies and procedures
National Emerging Leader Training Completion 2009 – 2010
MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
- National Rehabilitation Association
- National Workforce Association
- California Workforce Association
- American Management Association
- California Coalition of Goodwill’s
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Problem Solving
- Strategic Thinking