If you are a student of history department and hunting out for tips to write a research paper on ‘House of Commons?
’ Then this piece of writing is surely going to be of immense importance for you.
Here is some of the relevant information on the House of Commons and course of action necessary to adopt for writing a research paper on the same topic.
As we all know, the House of Commons is the central part of Great Britain’s Parliament.
There are 646 members who are commonly known as ‘MPs’.
These 646 members are elected in a democratic manner.
The members come to power through the post electoral system.
They are supposed to stay committed to their duties for the tenure of parliament, five years or if the Parliament is dissolved before the tenure.
The pragmatic functioning of the modern government was fulfilled by the counsel in middle ages.
The council consisted of all the royals like noblemen, churchmen, representatives from every county or archbishops.
The main motive of such meetings was the consent of all for the taxes levied by the King.
With the time, it transformed into the legislative power.
You must always keep this thing in your mind that the aim of writing this research paper is to put the idea of the complex analysis of the activities of the House of Commons.
Before you set out to write a research paper which requires extensive research abilities, keep few things in your mind.
• The House of Commons is a very vast topic, thus its sub-heads must be chosen very vigilantly.
• Short-list few of the topics, before figuring out the one you want to attempt.
Try and see, whether there is any substantial material on it or not.
• As it is history, it is very difficult to give your own suppositions and hypothesis, so rely more on facts and figures.
• Go into an extensive research, it is not a term paper or an essay, but a research paper, so has to be of great importance.
Go to various libraries; make use of journals, newspapers and internet.
• Make an analysis of the data collected and take some time to come to conclusions.
Analyze things from various perspectives.
• Give a wonderful introduction to your research paper.
A good introduction will surely help you win the appreciation of the audience.
• While framing the body of your research paper, keep the introductory paragraph on your mind.
It has to be the basis of your research paper.
• Never forget to mention the purpose of achieving the purposes of your research paper.
• Flawlessly sum up all the inferences and conclusions drawn from your research paper.
• A conclusion is a must, as it shows how beautifully you can collect all the strands at the end of the day.
Generally, the aim of the research paper is to know about the House of Commons and know about their politics and policies very well.
A research paper on House of Commons is sure to strengthen your ability of critical thinking.