For those who are not new to the field of writing papers, they must know but for the inexperienced ones it may be enlightening to know that writing paper requires a certain style and format.
There are different formats to write a paper and knowledge of these is important before starting off with a writing a new term paper.
On obtaining the task to write papers one must seek clarification and illumination on the style of writing.
And in case of Modern Language Association (MLA) style term paper then you can find a lot of helpful and interesting tips in this article before you set off.
Few of the guidelines to be followed while writing in the MLA format are listed below:
• There should be a 1-inch set on all the four sides of the paper.
• The indentation while starting off with each new paragraph should be ½-inch on the left side of the page.
• Double spacing should be done while writing the term papers in this style.
• It is written in 12 point font size with in mainly Times New Roman style.
• In this format there is no need for a title page as everything necessary, like the name, teachers name, course etc come on the first page each having a double space between them.
• After the above required information, the title is given on the same page after a double space.
The title has to written in the centre, without any underlining, quotation marks or capital letters.
It should be written with only the fist and other important words beginning with capital letter.
• Pages should be numbered consecutively appearing at a distance of ½-inch on the upper right side of the page preceded by the last name of the writer.
No sign should be added here.
• The text has to start 1-inch away from the tip of the page.
• Tables should be placed nearest to the content relating to them.
• The illustration and charts should be properly tagged with their proper and exact sources of the tables etc mentioned just below them.
Also these should be double spaced as well.
• Abbreviations can be used while writing in MLA format but with proper explanation of the term at the end of the page.
• There is a work cited page in which all the resource and foundation of the information used and cited have to be given in an alphabetical order.
This page should also be titled.
• If any outlining is to be given for the term papers this has to be written before the first page of the paper and these have to be numbered in roman numerals in the lower case.
MLA format of writing is extensively used in writings of literature and languages.
This is also followed by a large number of journals, magazines, presses, universities and is used all through the North America, India, China, Japan and many other countries.
This is also a very methodical and well structured style of writing.
All this demands to focus attention towards the significance of this writing technique.